Is buying in bulk a wise budget strategy? Everyone wants to save money on the everyday items and stick to a budget. Sometimes we think that buying in bulk is best, but there are some common pitfalls to avoid spending more than is necessary.
I came across a very interesting article on the topic: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/6-costly-mistakes-avoid-shopping-191409556.html According to Sabah Karimi, a contributor to WiseBread.com and Yahoo.com, “If you’re trying to stick with a budget each month and always seem to spend too much on groceries, make sure to avoid these six costly mistakes when shopping at warehouse clubs:”
1. Buying perishables in bulk.
2. Depending on the warehouse club for most or all of your grocery purchases.
3. Shopping without a list.
4. Ignoring the online selection.
5. Forgetting about expiration dates on processed items.
6. Failing to compare prices.
Make your list, check it twice!